The best of the antipasto platter, in salad form.
For the salad
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz ciliegine mozzarella (the little balls), halved
- 6 oz green olives, halved
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 8 oz roasted jarred bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 8 oz Italian dry salami or pepperoni, chopped
- 10 oz fresh spinach
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix everything but the spinach together in a large bowl.
Whisk dressing ingredients until oil is emulsified. Pour over salad mixture and toss to incorporate.
Serve salad on bed of spinach.
Marinated veggies are often packed with all sorts of yummy oils, vinegars and herbs, so feel free to substitute those liquids for the olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic.
Be sure to store the salad mixture separately from the spinach until just before serving.