My go-to breakfast is eggs, but a little variety is absolutely necessary. On days I’m craving something sweeter, I go for a bowl of spiced Greek yogurt with all the fixin’s. I top it with nuts and dried berries and drizzle it with honey. It satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me full all morning (or most of the morning – as long as the eggs do, anyway).
If assembling a bunch of nuts, fruit and spices sounds too time-consuming, I have an ultra-streamlined method: Start with honey-flavored Greek yogurt, then pour one of those pre-packaged trail mix snack packs on top. Finish it with a healthy sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and you just made breakfast in 60 seconds.
What I love about Greek yogurt is that it provides a protein-packed blank canvas for just about anything. I have my favorites (see picture below), but the topping possibilities are endless:
- Pepitas and walnuts with bits of dried apricots
- Pecans, cranberries, pistachios and honey
- Coconut flakes, macadamia nuts and dried mango
- Strawberries and dark chocolate shavings
- Granola and peaches
- Bananas, walnuts and maple syrup
- Blueberries, pecans and lemon curd
Spiced Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup nuts and dried fruit of your choosing, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Place yogurt in bowl and sprinkle with nuts, berries, spices and honey or syrup. Stir and enjoy!